The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Monday, October 24, 2005

Where would you think?

I've spent a big chunk of today working on our new admissions portal thingy. We used it last year and the people that visited quite liked it. We put the site up on www.wherewouldyouthink.com and had a fair few visitors over the year. Then it broke. The hard drive head decided it wanted to find out what rubbing itself against the disk surface felt like (answer, it hurts a lot and also breaks everything) so I've just finished rebuilding the site on a new server, using new technology. With pictures. There is a bit of content to add, but the overall structure is in place and I think it is spiffy (but then I would think that).

If you want to take a look, have a go at the puzzles, marvel at the pictures, and let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you. With the coming of the new site we do of course have new T shirts, which will be going off to be printed next week. We got through loads last year, I think we will have a few extra made this year. The most surprising thing is that I see first year students, in my lectures, still proudly wearing their shirts. I'll see if I can get a few snaps. Next year we are going to give a prize to every new first year who turns up in their shirt....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home