The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wacky Day

Some days are just wacky. Today was. It was supposed to be mostly normal, but it didn't seem to quite end up like that. The department was greatly enlivened by the arrival of a bunch of students from Korea, who had come to see what we do in the gaming department. I gave them a talk about Smartphone game programming which was quite fun (by that I mean that I enjoyed giving it - and I hope that the audience enjoyed it too).

At one point the program failed and I made one of my stupid statements as in: "If it doesn't work this time I'm taking my tie off". Of course, it failed, so off came the tie to much amusement. I then added that if it failed to run again my shirt was coming off next. This was greeted with much less amusement, and no small amout of fear. Fortunately for all concerned, the program ran fine from then on. I then put my tie back on and we went outside for some photographs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home