The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bus Trip

18newyork
Being on top of a bus does have its advantages...

On the final day of my visit to 'Vegas I thought I'd take a trip around. Now, I always try to make use of public transport when I go abroad. In the 'states this is usually a good deal because taxis can be expensive and you do see a lot more of the local life by catching a bus. So I did. I bought a five dollar ticket which entitled me to a day's worth of travel and set off to take in the sights. And the Las Vegas Outlet Mall where I planned to buy some trousers. What a jet set lifestyle I have eh?

Anyhoo, I got on the bus, driven by someone whose nametag said was called "Jimmy". Jimmy obviously went to the "Attilla the Hun" school of customer relations. He contrived to be rude, unhelpful and unpleasant in around five words and three gestures. Then someone on the bus took a bit of a turn and had to go and sit down for a while at the stop. Jimmy first ignored the problem, then went outside and shouted at them for being unwell, then, when the person had wandered off in search of a cool drink, called for an ambulance, stopped the bus service called and threw us all off onto the pavement. Nobody liked Jimmy. His replacement, who was so efficient I've forgotten his name, turned up in a virtually empty bus a couple of minutes later. And the really good news was that I got to sit on the top deck, in the front, with a wonderful view of the strip. And a camera. I took loads (and I mean loads) of pictures. There are a bunch on my Flickr site. Didn't buy any trousers though. Such is life. When evening came I went out again with my cameras, just to get a few final snaps.

21nightshot
The view outside my hotel at night

I made it as far as the Harley Davidson Cafe before I caught a bus back. Not driven by Jimmy.


28harlysign

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home