The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Monday, June 23, 2003

Back From Nowhere

And so, after a long absence, I'm back with more ramblings.

I'm probably going to re-host the blog if I can figure out how a rather spiffy .NET blog program works (this never happened).

As I said to someone earlier today; I'm trying to make my life more interesting by starting a blog so that I can do interesting things and then write about them.

Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. For now I'm just sitting here wondering why it is called "Victoria Sponge" cake.

Oh, and I'm updating my C for Pics CD-ROM. This has been selling steadily (a college in Finland has just bought a site licence) and so we are updating it. This means that I'm writing embedded assembler and C for a machine with 4K of program memory and around 300 (yes - count them) bytes of memory. And loving every minute of it. If you've never written code like this then you really should have at least one go at it. There is something very liberating about being in total control of the hardware, with nothing between you and the thing what does the doing.

More tomorrow, when I've figured out how the ADC works under interrupts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home