The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Oncemore to Doncaster

Went to Doncaster again. This time I was giving a talk to new students about how to manage final year projects. Did a huge number on the importance of proofreading your report before you hand it in. It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the submitted work.....

Then out for a meal. A little Indian restaurant in Cottingham; the Alishaan. Very good stuff. I had a Korma because I am a wimp where strong seasonings are concerned. One of our party (no names, no pack drill but you know who you are..) had a rather advanced cooked at the table job (I think it was a Khulnar). This was most impressive. The cooking process seemed to use copious quantities of brandy, producing an intense conflagration and a huge pillar of smoke which virtually filled the room. I nabbed a piece once the smoke had cleared and we could see each other again and the process certainly works. It was delicious. If you need a good place to eat out at reasonable prices I can strongly recommend the place. They do takeaways too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home