The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Saturday, September 27, 2003

Open Day and Flying Fun

University Open Day today. Very good turn out which is nice. And the weather was kind to us; which is even nicer. Had a good attendance at the introduction talk and the tour and quite a few people in the audience had not been to Hull before. I hope they were impressed. Everything seemed to go smoothly, although my Tablet PC (which with I am slowly moving into a love/hate relationship) went in to "jerk-o-vision" when showing the film sequence (and this is a reference to the update speed on the screen - not the fact that I am in the video).

I think it is a video driver/player issue and I hope I can sort it out before the admissions afternoons start in November. Perhaps if I start now....

Anyway, if anyone reading this actually attended; thanks for coming and maybe I'll see you again some time.

And then up to Beverly for some early evening flying with the toy plane. Found the perfect place for flying and it all went swimmingly. Had the odd crash, but nothing we couldn't fix with gaffer tape. Note for anyone getting into this business; when you buy the plane - buy a big reel of tape as well. The percentage of the plane which is tape is increasing with every flight..... Number one son is now getting the hang of the plane and we had some really nice landings. And we were also blessed with a nice sunset to fly into:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home