The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ebay Madness?

My ebay thingy arrived today, bang on time. Very well packed. Not new, but in perfect working condition with all the bits there. I've been thinking about this. I could have bought a new one from a company somewhere for a bit less money. My order would have been very small beer as far as they were concerned, and so if they make a mistake, send the wrong thing, or it arrives broken, I would have a "fun time" taking on their complaints/returns division and all that entails.

But this thing was a very important transaction as far as my seller is concerned. I know them directly, and if anything is wrong I will have someone to talk to who has a real stake in the sale. If it all goes pear shaped they have something considerable to lose, in the form of their hithertoo spotless rating. I got to wonder if this was actually a better way to make sure of customer satisfaction from the buyers point of view? Or am I just rationalising my stupid bidding habits?

- either way, at least I got another point for a good transation - 31 points now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home