The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Trader Rob Goes Karting

Traded in a couple of naff Nintendo DS games today and swapped them for a peach. Game trading is quite a nice way to get hold of things without parting with large sums of cash. I was surprised how much I got for the two that I handed over (I'm too embarrassed to tell you what they were). The good news was that Mario Kart DS ended up costing me only eight quid.

And what a game it is. Colourful and smooth graphics. Great kart handling and devious weapons. And I can actually do this one - unlike the dratted TOCA Racing for the PSP which nearly drove me up the wall. The only snag at the moment is that I can't get the much touted WIFI ability of the game to work at the moment, but this might be down to my naughty Access Point. Pity that, I was looking forward to taking on somebody from the other side of the world - even though they will almost certainly beat me hollow.

Update: I've got the thing going now. All I had to do was replace the Wireless Access Point with one that actually works. And I did manage to join a game. And they did beat me hollow. I'm not sure if this is an advance or not..

1 Comments:

  • Hah, I've been waiting for you to comment on this.

    I'm having trouble with the WiFi service too, although that might be because Hallam's uni network restricts the ports it's trying to get to. And to top it all off, while my Nintendo USB adaptor was recognised and connectable yesterday (regardless of being able to connect the service in general) now, it can't even find it. Urg.

    I can, however, tell you that my 'friend code' as they call it, is 347952-400747. I'll give you a match when we both get it working, eh.

    By Blogger Will Templeton, at Saturday, November 26, 2005 8:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home