The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Finding the Happy Path

Had a whole bunch of students to see me over today. We are setting up our entries for the Imagine Cup, a Microsoft programming competition we've been quite good at in the past. I've had all kinds of ideas pitched to me and seen a whole bunch of people keen to take part. Great stuff. I love this part of my job.

One of the things that is required from entrants is a "Happy Path" program which demonstrates the gist of the idea. This is the system as it would appear with everything working as it should, a kind of technology demo. It was nice to see some of the first year teams, with not a lot of programming experience under their belts going "Oh yes, we're up for that" and setting to designing their applications.

The entries go in next week, then we have to wait and see what the judges think of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home