The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Here Comes the Judge

Got to be a judge today. At Hull we have a Young Scientist of the Year competition and we were selecting the finalists. All of them had to give a stand up presentation and then handle some questions. A pretty scary ask for someone under 16. And they were all great. Made the judgely thing really hard for us, since I found out quite early that we weren't allowed to pick everyone.

In the end we narrowed it down to the three from each category who get to go to the final in a couple of weeks. Sometimes I worry about the future, what with global warming, bird flu, energy crisis, asteroid strikes etc etc. And then I see all these keen people who are really into science and I get a lot happier. I reckon that they'll be able to handle whatever is coming down the tracks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home