The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Saturday, September 06, 2003

..and now in colour

One of the problems of writing a blog is that it brings home to you the repetitive and empty nature of your existence. Anyhoo, went shopping and bought a bunch of inkjet cartridges and paper. Despite my tirade against them, I still quite like inkjet printers for getting good quality marks on paper. I've been using a venerable old Deskjet 840C for quite a while to get pictures out and with the right paper (I favour Ilford Photo Printasia) you can get some really nice results. I've been meaning to print out a bunch of pictures and today seemed as good a day as any.

I've just recovered from an interesting foible on the part of the printer, in that if I connect via the USB port it gives up half (or a quarter or two thirds or sometime) way through the output. It seems to choose to play this particular trick when I'm producing quality output on expensive paper with lots of ink. It took me around six sheets of the stuff to discover that if I went back to the parallel port all would be well. If you've had a similar problem I'd advise you to try this one. I think the parallel port is probably a bit faster as well.

In the evening we watched "Grosse Pointe Blank" which was mildly diverting but not quite as good as I was expecting. The idea (Assassin returns to High School reunion) was neat but I think it could have been taken a bit further. It seemed a bit slow moving to me. Perhaps my attention span is starting to contract...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home