The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Fame at Last

I was walking back to my office yesterday when I saw a new colour poster on the corridor wall. It is to advertise a highly prestigious event which celebrates the 75th anniversary of the University of Hull. We have been in business for 75 years this year(although I've not been here quite that long.). Anyhoo, this picture shows momentous people in the development of the university; Philip Larkin - a famous poet, a king of some description, other important folks. Plus me. Down in the left hand corner, with Ian and Paul and "the product that cannot be named". I've no idea what I've done to deserve this. Neither has Ian, but there we are - large as life and twice as ugly. I'm definitely going to try and sneak one of these posters after the event....

And I've just found out that the Microsoft .NET degree, and our Imagine Cup success are going to feature in the Times Higher Education Supplement, with my name in print there as well (but fortunately no photograph this time). At this rate I'm going to need an agent soon.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home