The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Friday, January 07, 2005

Backups are for Winps

A computer is a really good place to put all your information, indeed your entire life. This means that the very stuff of your existence is now on something moving at amazing speed whilst scant fractions of a millimetre away from total oblivion. Fortunately, we all know that hard disks hardly ever fail. Not even if you do stupid things with them like remove them from one machine and plug them into another. Except that sometimes they do. And then you are left flapping like those fish that you see which have been dragged out of the water and are now somewhat short of breath.

Fortunately I have a sort of backup. That is, I've backed up all the files that I think are important. This unfortunately raises the irritating possibility that files I didn't think are important might turn out to be later, but for now I suppose I'm going to have to live with it. The good news is that I seem to have a lot more free space now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home