The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Dragons' Den

They had this program on the telly tonight called "Dragons' Den" or somesuch. A bunch of steely eyed entrepreneurs get given the chance to be rude about pitches from people who want backing for an idea or product. Most interesting. The thing that struck me was that the people presenting didn't seem to be that good at sounding keen. Maybe it is the british reserve coming to the fore hear, but hardly any of them really sounded impressed by their own stuff. Maybe they were distracted by the big piles of money all round the room. I think my pitch would along the lines of "I'm thinking of beginning a lucrative career in theft, starting now". Then I'd grab one of the bundles of cash and make a run for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home