The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Plasma Power

Dad wants a plasma telly. He wants one which is big and posh. I've not got a plasma telly myself, can't afford it. Although I tell myself that I've not got one because the technology is still a bit under development the real truth is that I can't afford one yet. Today we went and looked at some. Very pretty and very large. Not many of them were showing pictures that did them justice. How much can you get from Sky golf or perhaps the menu screen of a DVD? But I must admit to quite fancying one now.

All the predictions of the future that I read in the sixties had us wearing one piece jump suits, surrounded by flat TV displays as big as a wall and flying round in hover cars. I guess one out of three isn't too bad. And I think I'd look pretty darned scary in a jump suit anyway....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home