The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Dirty Soap

I think I've just about figured out why they are called "soap operas". It is because after you have watched an episode you feel the need to wash your hands or perhaps have a shower or bath.

Now, I realise that everything on telly which runs for more than two episodes (with the possible exception of the news - and even then I'm not sure) has to go a bit soapy in order to survive. But I've just been forced to endure some EastEnders at lunchtime (awful trick that, put the telly on in the room with the food in it). And I hate that program. There is nothing uplifting about it. The only thing it leaves me with is a feeling of relief that I don't live near there and a desire to wash my hands. And don't get me started on Casualty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home