The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Open Day Saturday

After twenty minutes in the shower getting my hair back to its usual colour last night, it was back into the admissions open day routine today. I do the warm up talk and a bunch of other staff members turn up at the end to help me answer questions that people ask about the department and university life.

You'd probably expect me to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway. I really like working with these people. We had some tough questions today, and the thing that impressed me the most was the way that we all have a similar perspective on the really important aspects of computing. We will discuss the merits of this and that from an academic point of view, but on the fundamentals of what we are doing and why we are doing it we are as one and unshakeable. You know who you are folks, and I'm not sure whether or not you read this blog or not, but kudus and well done if you do (and slightly less kudos and a little bit of shame on you if you don't).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home