The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Way to make a fool of myself

I was having coffee today when my phone rang.

"Do you want a mobile phone upgrade?" said the voice over the babble of a distant call centre.

No I don't. Just got a new phone as it happens. And about six months on my contract until I can get another one. I told the chap this as politely as possible and put the phone back in my pocket.

Five minutes later it rings again. Same babble in the background, similar voice asking if I was Mr Miles (if not I suppose I must be a phone thief I thought to myself grimly).

"Look" I said, with the air of a man barely supressing his patience. "I don't want a new phone, and if I do I'll go and get one. OK?" . It was all I could do to restrain the urge to press the red button and end the call.

Silence. Followed by "Sorry, it's just the garage calling to let you know your car is ready". Darn, darn, darn. I firmly believe that life just sets these things up for me specially, to ensure I look as much like an idiot as possible, as often as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home