The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Away With Research

Spent the day at a Research Away Day where we are planning how/what we do in the department in terms of research. Gave the shortest presentation, which was well regarded for that reason at least...

Some very good ideas, and some interesting research going on. Nice to have a day when you can just talk about one thing and we seem to have made some quite good decisions.

Giving a talk at a school tomorrow about the joys of engineering and stuff like that. I'm going to write some C# live in front of an audience. Creating computer programs in front of a whole bunch of people is always good for a laugh. It is most rewarding when people who have never written code before go; "Huh. Is that all there is to programming - I thought it was really difficult". I'll let you know how I got on tomorrow...

I'm just wondering what would happen if I filled in tomorrows blog today? Would it come true? Is there scope for a Twilight Zone type of story where everything I write about actually happens? I'm tempted to fill it in, but a little scared of the consequences....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home