The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Graduation Guy

One of the highlights of the year. I did my graduation day warmup speech. In City Hall, in front of all the graduates and their families. I really love doing this, especially with students that I've actually taught something. Seemed to go OK, but by gum it was hot. And there we all were in our nice thick suits with gowns on top. I felt most sorry for the ones on the platform, because they have all this plus the bright lights beating down on them.

I was v. pleased that the VC (Vice Chancellor) mentioned the .NET degree and the Imagine Cup success in his speech.

Did a second degree ceremony in the afternoon which went fine until I kind of brought down the wrong row of students, forcing the Dean to try to give James's degree to Jessica. Arrrgh! Never, ever, done that before and will never, ever do that again. Note to self: when you think you have done the hard bit don't slow down - because some of the easy bits can turn out to be quite hard as well..

And the blog has another reader (stand up John). He made the mistake of following the link in my email sig. and read the lot. But will he return? Only time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home