The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Plastic Pleasures

Been re-living the joys of vinyl. I got my old record deck down from the loft to record an single for a friend and thought I'd MP3ify a whole bunch of old records. I'm engaging in scratchy time travel and trying to figure out when I last listened to some of this stuff. Particularly pleased that I've found my old copy of "The Nightfly" by Donald Fagan. Quality. If you've not heard it - you are missing out. I think you can even get it on posh CD these days, but my record sounds just fine to me. Later I might try to track down one of these programs that takes off all the clicks and scratches, but for normal use it is probably not worth it

If you have a DVD burner you may be interested in the September issue of PC-PRO magazine. It has a DVD burning program on the cover. They are given away from time to time, but the one on this CD, CyberLink PowerProducer, is worth a look because it will make DVD slide shows from pictures. This means that I can take all my directories of stuff from the camera and make rather a nice presentation from them, with chapter videos and a musical accompaniment if I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home