The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

So much for the Wasps

Number One Son wants an ibook. Not a notebook PC, but an Apple ibook. I think that it is just part of his chosen path to make dad's life as difficult and expensive as possible, but it does mean that at 09:59 I'm waiting for the Apple refurbished store to open so that I can try to get one for him without destroying my credit card limit. Son has sort of gainful employment and undertakes to pay me back, hah, but wants the shiny new toy now....

Ho hum. Store closed this week. Nice trick that, say the store is only open for a few hours a week and then close it anyway..

But I have nailed the wasps though. (we had a wasps nest over the porch which I had decided was one too many). The first stuff I tried was a few years old and was a white powder which turned out to be just white powder. I squirted it in the nest and the wasps had a rather nice winter themed party with snowmen and everything. Apparently the active ingredient decays over time. So I bought some more stuff which seems to have done the trick. I'm a bit worried about turning up in heaven to be confronted by a whole bunch of angry wasps who "want to have a word with me", but I'm reliably informed that wasps don't go to heaven, so I should be OK. (of course this pre-supposes that I will, but I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt just right now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home