The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Shake Rattle and Roll

Many years ago I was invited to a party. I put on my best white suit (yes - really) got into my (t)rusty Mini and hurtled off into the night. On the way to the bash the silencer fell off the car. Apparently there are some people who are impressed by a vehicle which arrives with an enormous noise and a shower of sparks. But I didn't think that anyone I was going to see would fit into that category. So I limped home and the next day I spent 27 quid on a new silencer.

Four days after that the same car failed its MOT on a number of counts (amongst them not actually having a floor) and so I scrapped it.

I've never felt the same about Minis since.

I was reminded of this sad episode by the noise that the big car was making yesterday. It sounded exactly as if it was dragging a portion of itself along behind. Fortunately this turned out not to be the case, but the noise was still impressive. I took it along to the place where they put the silencer on a few months ago and they fettled it so that it is quiet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home