The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Monday, April 18, 2005

Quality Controllers

Got a call from Comet today. They sent a man around to mend my microwave and so now want to know how he got on. I said he did a very good job (which he did) and that I'd buy from Comet again on the strength of the service (which I would).

It got me to wondering if our students get calls from some university quality machine. And worrying about the possible questions.

"What standard were the jokes?"
"Could you read his writing on the board?"

and, most scarily perhaps

"Did you learn anything from the course"

We do have a quality thing of course. Last week Peter sat in on one of my lectures and, after he had stopped gibbering and trying to eat the doorframe, I asked him how it went.

Apparently I did fine. But he had heard the jokes before....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home