The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Saturday, June 28, 2003

If Only I'd Had Mercury

Is it OK to write retrospective blogs?

Is that what we call a diary?

While you wrestle with those profound statements I'll just put down for the record that today I flew to Barcelona but I am writing this on Wednesday 2nd of July. That will help.
Why fly to Barcelona? Well, a Hull team of students is taking part in Microsoft Imagine Cup competition. They have created (in eight weeks and for the Pocket PC) an application which is designed to be useful if you, for example, find yourself stuck in an airport at half past ten at night, not speaking a word of the local language and having no idea where anything is or where to go.

Which is kind of ironic, because at half past ten tonight I was......

If I had Mercury (and a WIFI connection) I could have entered my problems in English and had my Pocket PC speak the text in Spanish. I could have found my hotel in the database and obtained a map and directions.... At this point I'm sounding like a salesman and should just direct you here.

Anyhoo, got hooked up with the rest of the gang and we decided to hit the town centre
I'm presently assembling my (retrospective again) Barcelona Diary which has pictures of the trip.

Suffice it to say that I am now ensconced in Barcelona, waiting nervously for the tomorrow and hoping that we can get our application set up and looking good for the judges on Monday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home