The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Thursday, July 17, 2003

Gift Aid

One of my project students came to see me bearing gifts today. He has just completed a tough degree and worked really well on it. His mom came along and had brought me some presents from China, a pair of fans and a nice thing to hang on the wall. It is great to be appreciated. I just wish I had been smart enough to have something to give back. I think I'm going to get a stock of Uni. T shirts in for just such occasions. Anyway, thank you very much Yang Xu and best wishes for the future.

Came home to find Number One Son and friend watching the Resident Evil movie DVD. It is quite a good film if you like video games. I'd love to be the person that writes the dialogue:

Expendable 1 : "Look Out"
Expendable 2 : "Over there"
BANG
Expendable 1 : "There's hundreds of them.."
BANG BANG BANG WHOOSH BANG
Expendable 2 : "Oh heck (or similar)"

However, if I did write the dialogue I would try to inject a little more realism into the production:

Expendable 1 : "Let's split up and search the place"
Rob : "Are you mad?! Lets get the heck (or similar) out of here and go for a burger"

Of course my efforts would pale into insignificance when compared with what the real writers can come up with. Consider this from Tomb Raider the movie:

Lara: "It's from my father. He must have written it before he died"

I nearly died laughing at that one.

Anyway, Resident Evil gives the sound system a good workout. I hear they are making a sequel. I wonder if it will be a musical?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home