The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Saturday, October 25, 2003

There goes my body clock...

And so early to breakfast. Considerably (and rudely) awakened by the twelve pounds fifty price tag for a bowl of Alpen, a cup of tea and two slices of toast. I don't particularly like a big breakfast - but if it costs that amount of cash I'm going for everything if I ever eat there again. We are staying in the same hotel on the way back but I think it is unlikely we'll avail ourselves of breakfast since we spotted a McDonalds nearby.

Gatwick airport is an airport. There. I've now said everything that I can say about the place, If you have been to any airport you now know exactly what Gatwick is like. The same crowds of people with cases, hard to hear tannoy and valiant (but ultimately doomed) attempts to give the place some kind of soul with themed bars and murals. The good news is that we got to go in one of the posh lounges with a free drinks counter and comfy chairs.

The plane was a 747 which was nice. We also flew straight through to LA which was even nicer. And they gave us some of this:



On the way into LA we flew over the forest fires which are raging at the moment. You can just see the line of flames:



OK. So my body thinks it is three in the morning. The clock on the wall says early evening. This is not a recipe for happy living. They had a nice reception around the hotel pool when we arrived but I'm afraid that the good food and good company was a bit wasted on me because I was, well, a bit wasted myself. But I did spot the corporate logo on the bottom of the pool (though I resisted the urge to jump in and look more closely..):



And I did manage to snatch one or two other photographs. You mean your hotel doesn't have stone elephants outside? Shame on you.



I had to go out at 4:00 am to get my credit card swiped so that I could sign up for internet access. Whilst I was down there I met up with a fellow traveler who was after some Asprin. "Have you got a headache?" I asked. Thanks for not replying "No, I collect remedies from all round the world and I thought I'd get started in Los Angeles as soon as possible".

More tomorrow. Or today. Or whenever..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home