The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Don't Code with a Cold

Don't like being ill. It's just not healthy. Tried to add some stuff to the "program which cannot be named" and did OK for the first few hours. Then at 13:30 decided to make a small (hah!) change. Unfortunately my mental faculties had shut down for the day due to illness and so everything went wrong at this point and I now have a big pile of compilation errors to deal with. It will be much better when I've finished, but with hindsight I'd really rather not have started it just right now. Told number one son about this. "Never mind" he said "Just get the backup copy". I laid him out with a swift right hook followed by a left to the side of the head. I take a backup every day, but not half way through. There is probably a moral to this story, but unless it has to do with cocky kids I'd rather not hear it.

Have thought of a way to deal with organised crime though. Just take away all their diaries, personal digital assistants and filing cabinets

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home