The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Strength of Ten Men

I'm trying to get fit. The machine that I bought last week from Ebay is for exercising. I'm not particularly proud of this turn of events. To my mind I should get all the exercise that is required doing manly hunter-gatherer things like chasing tigers and felling mammoths with a single blow. Unfortunately my present existence does not give much of an opportunity to do these kinds of things. And so I've bought an exericise machine off Ebay.

Apparently, just buying the machine does not actually make you fitter (although carrying it upstairs seemed a good start). You actually have to use it. And more often than once a month. Anyhoo, I now have a regime which involves a few minutes of mindless plodding at regular intervals during the day.

The machine has a heart monitor, which is nice. The wire fell off and I did a couple of miles with a heartbeat of zero. I'd kind of appreciate a warning when this happens. Although what I'd do in that situation is not clear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home