The Crazy World (tm) of Rob Miles

Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Case of the Missing Key

Well, term is running flat out now and so I'm doing my lecturing thing. Those of you who have actually attended one of my lectures will know what I'm on about (or not). I've started writing programs in lectures to make them more interesting (or not).

Today I took my prized Playstation keyboard in to knock out the C# samples. Went really well until I needed a vertical bar character (it means OR). The Playstation keyboard is built for the US, my tablet is set for UK. And I could not type a vertical bar. Cue a lot of very amusing (at least for the audience) messing around to try and find the dratted thing. Ended up drawing it using the tablet pen. Oh well. At least the programs worked in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home